Professor Jondeau’s research interests are in the field of aortic aneurysms and heart failure.
- he is leading the centre de reference for the Marfan syndrome (www.marfan.fr) and related disorders, which is a clinical center seeing more than 1000 patients every year.
- He also leads Team 2 in INSERM U1148, a basic research lab focusing on genetics of thoracic aortic aneurysm;
- he is leading the “Filiere de Sante maladies rares” on rares vascular diseases, including thoracic aortic aneurysms, networking 9 reference centers in France.
At a European level
- he is leading the European Rare Disease Network VASCERN (www.vascern.eu), gathering 31 centers from 11 european countries
- funding member of the ESC working group on Aorta and peripheral vascular diseases
He is also clinical chair of the Montalcino Aortic Consortium, gathering experts from throughout the world
He has been member of the HFA of the ESC and the chair of the French HF working group
H index 54