• Professor Emeritus Institute of Surgical Research, Rikshospitalet, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo Norway
• Senior Associate Editor European Heart Journal – Cardiovascular Imaging
• Immediate past Head, Division of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Diseases, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
• Past-Chairman Education Committee of the European Society of Cardiology
• 2007 – 2020 Physician to King Harald V of Norway
Training and Education
• Training in medical physiology: 1978-84, at the University of Tromsø, University of California, San Francisco and University of Calgary.
• Training in cardiology in Calgary, Vancouver and Oslo.
• MD, PhD and MHA. Specialist in Cardiology.
European Society of Cardiology Activities
• Chairman ESC Education Committee (2008-2012)
• Secretary and Treasurer of the ESC Board (2004-2006)
• Councillor of the ESC Board (2002-2004)
• Chairman of the ESC Working Group on Myocardial Function