Frequently Asked Questions on the New ESC 365
What is ESC 365?
ESC 365 is the online platform where you can find all available resources from the ESC Family of Congresses.
Can’t attend all the presentations from an ESC organised congress? Don’t worry: browse ESC 365 to watch the presentations you missed or replay those of interest.
Note: “ESC 365” replaces “ESC Congress 365”, an online platform that presented resources from ESC Congress editions only, and replaces the “Scientific Programme Online” (SPO) for specialty congresses.
Bookmark www.escardio.org/365 on your device(s) for future reference.
Resources can consist of abstracts, slides/e-posters, videos, reports and ESC TV interviews (or Industry Digests for industry presentations)
ESC 365 wizard
When accessing ESC 365 for the first time, you will be presented with a sequence of dialogue boxes which lead you through a series of steps to make it easier to use ESC 365.
What content is included in ESC 365?
On this ESC 365 platform you can find resources from presentations given during current and past editions of the following ESC-organised congresses:
- Acute Cardiovascular Care Congress (since 2015)
- EHRA (since 2015)
- ESC Asia (since 2019)
- ESC Congress (since 2013)
- ESC Digital Summit (since 2019)
- EuroCMR (since 2016)
- EuroEcho-Imaging (since 2015)
- EuroHeartCare (since 2015)
- EuroPRevent (since 2015)
- Frontiers in CardioVascular Biology (since 2016)
- Heart Failure (since 2015)
- ICNC, Nuclear Cardiology & Cardiac CT (since 2019)
A total of 113,200+ resources (as of 27 August 2019)
Note: content from those Congresses not organised by the ESC (such as EuroPCR) is not included in ESC 365.
Content is organised on ESC 365 at a presentation level. To find the corresponding session, click on “Other presentations from this session” at the bottom of the presentation page.
- Visit ESC 365: escardio.org/365
- We recommend you sign in upon arrival on the platform (to easily identify the resources on free access, those included in your membership, and those which would require a membership upgrade)
- Start by searching for your presentation of interest, using the search bar on the ESC 365 homepage:
To find a presentation, on the homepage:
- Select your congress(es) of interest
- Type keyword(s) (e.g. presenter, final programme number, presentation title, keyword etc. in the search bar). Using the presenter / author(s)’s name(s) is the easiest way to find a presentation
- Then hit the ‘Search’ button.
On the results page, you will then be able to refine your search (by year, by session type, by resource type and by topic).
Finally, you can sort the results by relevance, year or title.
- Select the congress if you know at what congress the abstract was presented
- Type the author’s name in the search bar from the home page
- You may then refine your search by selecting ‘Abstract’ in the ‘Resource type’ tab
- The citation of the abstracts is available on the abstract itself.
- Look for the presentation on the New ESC 365 then open the “abstract” resource: the citation will be mentioned there.
Note:Citation of the abstracts for ESC Congress 2019 will be available early October.
- Select the congress at which the presentation took place
- The best way to find the presentation you are looking for is to know the presenter or author(s)’s name(s), and then type it in the search bar
- Refine your results by selecting the year when it was presented.
If you don’t have this information, you can look for this session’s title via the Scientific Programme & Planner which is organised by day and timeslots.
Congress resources presented before 2013 (for ESC Congress) and before 2015 to 2019 (for other subspecialty / Associations congresses) are not available on the New ESC 365. To consult the abstracts presented before 2013, consult the abstract book here.
To access all presentations from a specific country type the country name in English using quotation marks in the search bar, e.g. “South Africa”: search results will be displayed with presenter(s) or author(s) from “South Africa”.
Simply click on the cross on the right hand side of your refine criteria presented in grey rectangles just above the number of results of your search to cancel this refined search and go back to the original results page.You can also click on the New ESC 365 logo, on the upper left corner to go back to the ESC 365 home page.
Click on the New ESC 365 logo on the upper left corner to return to the home page.
A congress resource could be:
- An abstract/e-Poster
- A presentation slide set
- A video (slides synchronised with the audio & video feeds of the speaker: this technology recreates the live session experience) – note videos cannot be downloaded
- An ESC TV interview (unbiased scientific opinion on key sessions and presentations from some of the most well-known experts) or an Industry Digest for industry presentations
- A report.
- A greyed out resource pictogram indicates that the resource is not available (either not available for this kind of presentation, or just not available yet i.e. try again in a few days’ time or that the authors/presenters have not granted the European Society of Cardiology the rights to use the content for educational purposes. In this latter case there will be a note specifying: “The ESC does not have the copyright for the slides and video of this presentation”)
- A green pictogram indicates that the resource is available on the platform.
Most of the resources are available within 24 hours after presentation.
Abstracts are available (from 1 week prior to the congress) only for abstract based presentations.
An abstract may not be available if it is embargoed; in this case the abstract will be released after the presentation takes place.
The e-poster/slidset/video are available only if the presenter has submitted and granted copyrights to ESC. If it is not the case, there will be a note specifying: "The ESC does not have the copyright for the slides and video of this presentation."
Access rights/sign in
A "My ESC account" is a free of charge personal account giving the user access to congress resources, online journals, newsletters etc… From this account users can also renew his/her membership, register for a congress or access a webinar.
You may search for content freely, abstracts are accessible without log-in.
But you will need to log-in to access slide sets, videos and ESC TV interviews/reports. You will either need to sign-up – if you don’t have an existing My ESC account – or log-in with the email address and password you usually use on the ESC website.
Creating a "My ESC account" is quick and free of charge: Create your My ESC account in 2 minutes.
You will need to sign in to your "My ESC account" to access congress resources. These resources are only accessible to certified healthcare professionals, associated press, industry representatives and other qualified stakeholders in the science, management and prevention of cardiovascular disease. In addition, some resources are for members only and sign in will allow identification.
These sign in messages provide you with information on the access rights for the resources. There are five scenarios:
Two scenarios if you are NOT signed in:
- You see the following message: "The free consultation period for this content is over". This means the resources may be locked behind membership but as the system cannot read your membership status, you will need to either click on the presentation or sign in to check your access rights.
- You see the following message: "This content is currently on FREE ACCESS, enjoy another XX days of free consultation" and an orange lock symbol. This means the resources for this presentation are open for all during that time. You simply need to sign in in order to consult any resource that is not an abstract.
Three possible scenarios if you are signed in:
- You see the following message: “ACCESS GRANTED thanks to your membership” and a green open lock symbol: which means that your membership subscription entitles you to consult the resources from this congress all year-round, meaning you may consult the slides, videos and ESC TV interviews/reports at your convenience.
- You see the following message: " This content is currently on FREE ACCESS, enjoy another XX days of free consultation" which means that your membership subscription does not entitle you to consult the content from this congress, but that the content is currently on free open access. If this content is of interest to you, we encourage you to become a member or upgrade your membership to get access to the content from this congress all year-round. You will be directed to the corresponding membership subscription page.
- You see the following message: " The free consultation period for this content is over " and a red lock symbol: which means that your membership subscription does not entitle you to consult the content from this congress and that you're outside the free open access period. If this content is of interest to you, we encourage you to become a member or upgrade your membership to get access to the content from this congress all year long. You will be directed to the dedicated membership page.
You need the membership (Ivory and above) of this other ESC Association. The ESC has created combined memberships to allow you to access benefits from two Associations: pick the two memberships that suit your needs & interests, create your own membership package, benefit from significant discounts and access the congress resources from these two Associations all year long. Visit our dedicated membership page.
Please note that Fellows of the ESC (FESC, FHFA, FEHRA) and Young Combined Members benefit from access to the resources of all ESC-organised congresses all year long.
If you click on this sentence, the system will display the details of the open access periods and the ways to get access to the resources all year long.
There is no link between having a "My ESC account" and being an ESC Professional member. If you want to know more about ESC membership and becoming an ESC Professional or an Association member, click on the red button “Membership” on the top bar of the ESC homepage.
To sign-up and create your "My ESC account", you can click on “Sign in” at the top of the web page. It will lead you to the sign-up webpage; simply follow the steps; it will take you less than two minutes.
- Abstracts are available to all professionals, year-round, without log-in.
- Slides, videos, & ESC TV interviews/reports are:
- On open access (through My ESC log-in) for 4-months (for ESC Congress) or 3-months (for other subspecialty/Association congresses) starting from Congress day 1.
- ESC Professional, Combined, & Associations’ Members (Ivory, Silver & Gold) have access year-round to the resources of all editions of their respective congress(es): e.g. ESC Professional Members get access to ESC Congress resources, EHRA members (Ivory, Silver & Gold) get access to resources from the EHRA Congresses.
Fellows of the ESC (FESC), and Professionals in training or under 40 years old, who subscribed to a Young Combined Membership package benefit from access to all ESC 365 content from all congresses, all editions, all year long.
There are always some resources available on open access all year-round. If you want to know what congress content is currently available on open access on the platform, please consult the "What's new" area on the homepage under the search bar.
The access to the congress resources on the New ESC 365 platform is linked to your membership status not to your congress attendance.
ESC Professional Members, professionals who subscribed to Combined Membership Packages, & Associations’ Members (Ivory, Silver & Gold) benefit from:
- Period: Year-round access
- Content: All editions of respective Congress(es)1 (2013 onwards)
- Resources: Abstracts, Slides, Videos, ESC TV interviews/Reports (All resources)
1e.g. ESC Professional Members get access to ESC Congress resources EHRA members (Ivory, Silver & Gold) get access to resources from the EHRA Congresses
Access is granted for the duration of your membership subscription period (note ESC now operates a rolling membership scheme whereby your membership is valid for a 12-months period from the day you signed up).
Access for Associations’ Regular Members & Non-Members:
- Period: 4 months of free access for ESC Congress, 3-months for other congresses (Starting from day 1 of the congress in question)
- Content: Current Congress(es) edition ONLY
- Resources: Abstracts, Slides, Videos, Reports (no ESC TV interviews)
- Period: 4 months of free access for ESC Congress, 3-months for other congresses (starting from day 1 of the congress in question)
- Content: Current Congress(es) edition ONLY
- Resources: Abstracts, Slides, Videos, Reports (no ESC TV interviews)
ESC 365 functionality
“My 365 selection” is the selection of all presentations you tagged as “Favourite” with the star button on the left hand side of the presentation title (the presentation title is displayed in bold, in green) or of the session title or of the speaker name.
To find your bookmark, simply click on "My 365" at the top of the page, then "My favourites".
Yes, you now have the possibility to score presentations through a system of stars (displayed below the presentation name, session name and speaker name). This will increase the relevance of recommendations that will be delivered to you and help others find the most highly regarded content within ESC 365.
If you click on the name of the speaker you will arrive on the speaker page. Here you will find a picture of the speaker, a short bio, her/his specialties, the links to her/his social media account(s) to follow her/his activities and the list of all her/his presentations at ESC Congresses.
You can download the PDFs of the abstract, the slideset and the poster. The videos cannot be downloaded. Presenters typically prefer not to have their presentations be downloadable; you must be online to watch the sessions.
Yes, the New ESC 365 platform is responsive, you can access it from anywhere and from any device (computers, tablets, smart phones) as long as you have an internet connection.
You may contact us by email at email@example.com
Please send a short description of your problem, together with:
- The url of the presentation you tried to access
- The details of your device: computer (PC or MAC)/mobile device, the operating system and the browser you use
- A screenshot of your screen displaying the resource you try to access, the error message you may get and important: your “My 365” sign-in details (click on “My 365” on the top right hand corner of your screen to open the drop down menu before creating your screenshot so that we can identify the account used to access the resources)
The video player works on all major browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and Mozilla Firefox.
If you are experiencing any technical problems, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any other question or suggestion? ? send it to us by email at email@example.com.